Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Renae Heikkila featured in Home Business Connection from Cutting Edge Media

“I WASN’T WILLING TO SACRIFICE MY KIDS FOR MY CAREER”

Renae Heikkila was tired of missing out on life to work a job she didn’t love, so she left it all behind to get rich from home with a Coastal Travel home business.


By Brian Bianca
Can you imagine starting a new career, having no experience, and making $9,600 after just one month in business? For Renae Heikkila, it was no dream. Her home-based business with Coastal Travel’s DFI team gave her a six-figure annual income and a lifestyle of total freedom after just 30 days.

“It blew my mind,” Renae says. “I quit my job after a month and I’ve been home full time for the last three and a half years.”

Life wasn’t always so charmed for the Minnesota resident. For years Renae worked as a purchasing manager at an area business, putting in long hours for a paycheck that never seemed to be worth the effort the job entailed. With five kids at home, mounting bills, and a job that kept her out of the home as many as 12 hours a day, she knew she wouldn’t be able to keep this pace up forever. Something had to give.

A Home based business wasn’t a solution Renae had even considered. In fact, she only stumbled across the industry while chasing a $50 Home Depot gift card online, because “I couldn’t pay for the paint in my daughter’s room.” Coastal Travel, a home-business opportunity that provides members with massive discounts on vacation packages, airfare, and hotel bookings, caught her eye immediately, due to their attractive product and substantial upfront commissions (ranging from $1,000 to $9705 per sale.

“The only business that interested me was Coastal, and it was really because the quality of training they had and the profit margins. That blew me away,” Renae remembers. “I couldn’t believe anyone could make that much money in one transaction. I thought, wow, if I could spend more time with my kids… At that time, everyone but me was raising them. I was gone all the time—60 hours a week—and I couldn’t take it anymore.”

She decided to continue working as a purchasing manager while testing out Coastal part time. After a pair of sales netted her over $2,000, it didn’t take long for Renae to start considering making her Coastal business her one and only career. Any remaining hesitation was removed after her $9,600 opening month and a conversation with her boss that reminded her just how restricting the corporate world can be.

“I remember asking my boss if I could go home at four one day,” Renae recalls. “I had come in at 6 a.m., and my daughter had a gymnastics program I wanted to attend at 4:30. I couldn’t go. And that was right at the time I was deciding whether to work from home full time, so that was a huge deciding point. When 10 hours is not enough, there’s something wrong. I’m not willing to sacrifice my kids for my career.”

Reane’s decision turned out to be a wise one. Within one year, she was earning a six-figure annual income with Coastal and was able to be home with her children every day. Just by plugging into the DFI training system, she was able to triple her income by the end of the following year, and Renae has watched her bank account grow ever since. So much so that her husband, an ironworker, was able to retire a year and a half ago, ensuring that the entire family is home and together whenever they wish to be.

“This is so much bigger than I can put into words,” she explains. “I don’t have to ask anyone to go see my kids at an activity. My sister had heart surgery and got a pacemaker put in. I was able to drop everything, grab my family, and go. Before, I was totally leashed to that job with a cell and pager. To be able to make my own schedule is a pleasure I can’t even describe.

“My kids were used to me being gone and not as engaged, so they were able to get away with a lot more,” she adds with a laugh. “They love it now, and they totally see the benefits. They like being able to go somewhere for a long weekend and it not be a problem because I can do this business from anywhere.”

And she does. Renae just got back from a trip to Bora Bora, and she has many other trips planned through Coastal Travel that she’ll be able to take for pennies on the dollar.

Renae knows that none of her success would be possible without the training and compensation plan that the DFI Coastal team provides. Veteran business trainer Dani Johnson designed programs and tutorials specifically for Coastal members, making learning the business as simple as following a step-by-step process.

“The compensation plan is fantastic, but even with the best compensation plan, if you don’t have the training and support, forget it,” Renae says. “With the DFI team and Dani Johnson’s training system, the only way you can fail is if you choose to. You can do the same amount of work for $10 a sale somewhere else as you can for $1,000 here. Why not opt for the business that pays you better?”

For more information about starting a Coastal Travel home business, call (888) 729-1057 or visit WEBSITE today!

No comments: