Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Bible Teaches Us How to Work From Home

What does the bible say about working from home? What does the bible say about owning your own business? While at church this morning I read something that made a light bulb go off. It's a principle we've all heard but never thought it applied to working from home.

A Translation from the Message:


A Lesson from the Ant

Proverbs
6 -11 You lazy fool, look at an ant. Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two. Nobody has to tell it what to do. All summer it stores up food; at harvest it stockpiles provisions. So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing?


How long before you get out of bed? A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy—do you know what comes next? Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life, poverty your permanent house guest!


It amazes me with the freedom you can live owning your own business or even working from home how so many of us seem to allow our flesh to let us skip basic success principals.

Yes! There is tons of freedom working for yourself. The King James Version of the above scripture says the aunt works with out a ruler or overseer. IE NO BOSS Why do we attempt to work from home to gain wealth and freedom and many times we start to assume that we don't really need to work?

What is interesting also is look what kind of work the ant is doing? Storing up food and stockpiling provisions... that's only productive work. We have to be careful that we are productive and not just busy, checking email or office stuff.

Now I'm not a fan of "working" none of us are. But it's way better to work for our selves and have that freedom vs work for someone else. Working from home you have ultimate freedom. I don't know how many times when I worked from home I heard people say things like,

"I don't need to work 40 hours a week" (do what it takes but remember you can work diligently for yourself or someone else, if there's a job available when you need it.)

"I control my own schedule!" (I agree 100% so dictate when you do work versus choosing not to work at all)

"I need to spend more time with my family!"(we should all spend more time with our family, that's why we make a living but let's not use our family as an excuse, they don't want us to be poor either)

Don't make excuses not to work diligently most of the people I knew who made the above statements are no longer working without a ruler or overseer. ie BOSS

You can make an incredible income from home with amazing freedom but so many times we believe in making money with out doing nothing. When I worked with DFI marketing the Coastal Travel package from home it was the easiest money I ever made in my life but I had to work for it. It was not 40 hours a week but it was constant diligent work maybe 6 hours a day as our only source of income and we made 20-30,000 a month many months.

Look today as you think about your own business choose to pursue your goals and dreams and work like the ant. Surround your self with as many ants as you can... pass this on to many of your friends and colleagues.


Yours Truly,
Stacy O'Quinn

No comments: