Monday, April 14, 2008

What is it like to be part of DFI at a First Steps Event?

We got a letter this weekend from one of our very on Gavin Berkley from WI currently moving to MI. Gavin is a powerful leader with us, anyone one working with him are definitely blessed! He had an exciting experience with our DFI team in Chicago this weekend! What did that weekend do for him? What did he see and learn?

Today is absolutely the best day of my life, because... I am running on fumes, after having only a couple hours sleep each of the last three days. I was on the road and didn't get home until midnight last night. My body is fatigued like nothing else. It is Monday. Our house is NOT ready to have visitors, even though we've spent 14 days to get it ready for sale. My bank account sank a few hundred dollars in the last few days, and I am sitting down for a grueling day or two of preparing my taxes.

Sound crazy? Curious?

I just got back from one of the most amazing weekends of my life, where I was welcomed just like a longtime estranged brother who had been living on a deserted island in parts unknown, by one of the closet knit families on Earth! This family is made up of dozens of inspired people whom I am pleased to consider to be my brothers and sisters. I was met with handshakes, smiles and hugs, and that was just the beginning. Throughout the weekend, we made incredible connections through sharing very personal stories and really getting to know one another.

Now, unlike any family reunion or holiday get together, at this one, there was no complaining, anxiety or bickering. No need to feel competitive, nor any reason to feel intimidated or uneasy.

This family gathering was extraordinarily unique and unlike anything I have ever experienced before. Not only was there a great sense of inspired community, camaraderie, and true caring for one another, I actually learned some things that will have an incredible impact on my life and that will benefit millions of other people too.

For example: I learned how 60 members of my family were able to cut and average of $1,000 from their monthly spending, and about pay off $44,000 in debt in about 8 months (this was an 8 month average) - WITHOUT increasing their income a penny! I also gained new insights into how to relate better to other people, how to establish rapport and make a new friend in about 60 seconds. Not only that, but I was shown how to get more done and make more money in half the time as I have been on my most productive day. And, I learned some very startling facts about the real status of our country and the devastation that is headed our way, what I can personally do to avoid it, and how I can help others do the same.

What I found most exciting about this new found family of mine is that they have all made a very intentional decision to become absolutely FREE from the burdens in their lives that have held them back in the past, and to raise themselves up from mediocrity - which is exactly where 98% of the population lives today - while helping others learn how to do the same.

Friends, if you are not rejoicing today as if it is the best day of your life, then I strongly suggest you make plans today to get to the next family reunion in Portland, Oregon next month, and get ready to be blessed like you never have been before!

This is one family reunion that will become part of your family's legacy and will be talked about for generations to come. Cheers!

Gavin Berkey
Platinum Director
Coastal Travel Madison, WI
(soon to be Kalamazoo, MI)

Gavin we absolutely appreciate you! Thank you so much for sharing your insight and commitment.

Thank YOU
Stacy OQuinn

No comments: